terça-feira, 18 de dezembro de 2012

End of the world? Again???

I'm not very good at keeping dates. Anniversaries, celebrations, holidays,... I often get surprised by them. It seems to be the same with "The End of the World". I thought if ought to have been on the 12.12.2012, last week. But now I'm surprised to hear that this was not actually the date. Even if, in retrospect, it explains why not much happened in terms of apocalypse  in the last few days. It sure is hot in Rio. But that is not uncommon  in the summer months.

The "real" "End of the World", as predicted by the Mayans is now supposed to be on the 21.12.2012. Clearly someone must have switched the numbers, which puts a shadow on the credibility of the whole thing, in my humble opinion.

Think as you will about it. We Brazilians think it best to keep to the plan, and this includes preparations for the upcoming carnival 2013. And who should blame us? If the End comes, we might just as well be dancing.

If you need inspiration:
http://carnaval.ig.com.br/rio/2012-12-14/escolha-a-passista-ig-2013-do-carnaval-carioca.html

Nenhum comentário: