sábado, 25 de agosto de 2012

Back to boat...

Yesterday I went out to check out my boat. I admit I was slightly apprehensive, after almost 6 months of absence. 

Back in March, when I left towards Europe and the Emirates, I had hired Valmir, a local worker, to finish the ama, and fair the cabin. Since I had not gotten any reply to the inquiries I had made during my stay abroad, I was prepared to find the boat in the exact state I had left it. Rather still, I was already prepared to accept it as a good thing, if the boat would be found untouched. Afterall, many other things could have happened. Parts could have been stolen, a cat colony could have intalled itself inside the cabin. Rot destruction and vandalism did cross my worried mind.
Therefore, when Adri and I arrived at the construction site, I was happy to find the boat in good state. The had actually even been slight progress! Valmir did work on the boat. However, of course, far less than we had agreed on. But finding that the fairing work on the cabin had started, that the cabin was not filled with filth, rats, cats and cocroaches was already a relief. 
After a bit of scrutinizing Vamir appeared. We had a short conversation during which I expressed my insatisfaction and he exposed his excuses. But i was not in a mood to extend this, so I cut it short. We will work it out in the next few days, and define next steps.
Valmir did make a test for painting the ama - one of the jobs we had agreed him to work on. But, apart from a smal test patch on the bow, the ama was untouched.

Nenhum comentário: