
Finally. Destiny has made its path, and Romeo has finally met Julieta. The little ama has come to meet her main ship on a rainy day, in the Yacht Club of Ramos. Romantic setting.
Despite the miserable weather, I felt majestiquely, and enjoyed the moment. Yes, I have the main components of my boat together. Now, building a couple of box beams, deck and mast, that is a piece of cake.
More attentive observers will note, that the ama has been positioned on the wrong side of the boat. They aren't aligned either. That is a bother, and I will change this. I will correct the position of both hulls as soon as possible.

Miguel has built 2 simple hatches into the ama's deck, as agreed. These provide ample storage room in the ama, and access for maintenance.

A couple of men hieved the hull down from the truck. I must admit, that the hull seemed to be surprisingly on the heavy side. But I might have misjudged. I will try to scale it somehow. Not sure how, though.
The logistics of bringing the hull down, from the mountains of Petropolis, some 120 kilometers (75 miles) away, proved to be simple. Miguel Pomar organized for a truck. Price seemed fair at R$ 500 (USD 280). I told them to meet me at a gas station in the early morning, and they did. We drove to the Club, manhandled the hull down, and it was done. Took a bare 45 minutes without any stress. Different than the
arrival at Ramos, when I did the transpot of the main hull,
from Itaipu to Rio, which was tense.

After all was done, I took a couple of moments and savoured the moment. All the rest seems simple now. Of course it wont be. Many details need to be thought out, technical solutions need to be developed. But comparing to when I started, many of the challenges have been overcome already. It is ony justified to believe that I will be able to master those who still lie ahead.
After savouring I took to the sanding machiene and worked on the main hatch.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário